Best free French English dictionary sites will give you both French to English dictionary and English to French dictionary. If you are searching for the best online dictionary that translates English to French or French to English then this article is the straight forward one for you. Just go through this article. And view the features and Alexa Rank for about 5 best French English dictionary online sites. Then pick the best dictionary.
Table of Contents
Why it is important to learn French?
- It is a widely spoken language in the world. It is stood in the Top 5 languages in the World.
- You can go for higher studies in France.
- It boosts your career and Job opportunities.
- It is the base to learn other European languages.
- You can enter into rich culture, music, literature, and movies.
Why I have to install Grammarly? And how it aids me in bilingual translations?
- If you install free Grammarly on your browser and device. Then it aids you to type the English sentences without spelling and grammatical mistakes. So that you can frame the sentences in English without grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Now you can use the advantage of Grammarly for obtaining exact translations from English to other languages.
- Therefore, if you use Grammarly and online bilingual translators side by side. Then, with Grammarly, you can confirm that there are no spelling and grammatical mistakes in the sentences which you want to translate.
- Later you can paste those sentences on the search bar of your bilingual dictionary. Then you can get exact translations in the other languages.
- You Might Like: 5 Best Dictionary Apps for iPhone / iOS (Offline)
- Top 5 Free Offline Dictionary Apps for android
5 Best French English Dictionary Sites
The following are the 5 best bilingual French-English Dictionaries. These dictionaries aids you to know the French words. And these translate sentences in English to French. And vice versa.
- Google Translate.
1. Reverso: Best French to English dictionary app
Reverso is an online tool providing linguistic services for more than 60 million users around the world. You can use it as an online dictionary, bilingual translator, spell checker, and more. Such a great tool now is available for your Android and iOS devices too.
Key Features of Reverso at a glance
- Accurate Translations:
- It provides exact translations in the French language.
- Just you have to type words in English. And you no need to press anything. It instantly translates the words into French.
- Spell Checker:
- If type a sentence in English, then it checks for any spell and grammatical mistakes. And it suggests you with correct spell and grammar.
- Sounds of Native Speakers:
- Oh Great! You can listen to the pronunciation of the French words by Native Speakers. This will improve your oral skills.
- You can view many examples too.
- For viewing more examples and translations. You have to click on the translated words.
- Conjugate Verbs:
- Oh Great! You can view conjugate verbs in the French language.
- Documents Translations:
- It can translate your documents too into the French language.
- It is integrated with the other dictionaries like Collins and more. By this, it provides better translations and synonyms.
- Oh! You can add it as an extension too for your chrome browser.
- And more.
If you don’t know the exact spelling of a word in French. Then you can search the word by index. It provides browse by index option to search French Dictionary.
Cons of Reverso
- To use the document translations feature. You have to create a free account. Once you created your account, then you can translate your document.
- It doesn’t provide any quizzes and word games to test and improve your vocabulary.
Reverso Alexa Rank
- Oh Great! Alexa Rank for the Reverso website is 315.
Related: 7 Best Free Spanish English dictionary sites
bab.la is an online bilingual dictionary for English-French, and more. In April 2015, it joined with Oxford Dictionaries Family. The vision and mission of Oxford and bab.la are to deliver quality language-related content to the global community. In 2017, it launched an online magazine about life abroad. Just go through the fantastic features of it. This can surely aid you to learn French from your English.
Key Features of bab.la at a glance
- Good Translator:
- Just type your word in English. And press translate. Then it translates your word in English to French.
- Sounds of all Translations:
- Oh Great! You can listen to the sounds of all the translations.
- That is you can know how to pronounce the French words.
- This is an essential thing you should require. As you are new to the French language.
- Numerous Examples:
- Wow! You can view numerous examples of one word.
- Oh Great! It provides you numerous Context Sentences too.
- Oh! You can learn the conjugated verbs in the French language.
- It provides quizzes too. So that you can test and build your vocabulary in the French language.
- And more.
If don’t know the exact meaning of a word in French. Then you can search the word in its French Dictionary by index. Wow! This feature is a great way for new persons like you. So that you can learn French without spell mistakes.
To get this additional feature, just press the option ‘English-French’ on its website. Then you can search your desired French word just by index.
Cons of bab.la
- It translates just a word or words. But it cannot translate the entire sentences in English to French.
- It doesn’t translate the entire document into the French language. Just like Google Translate.
bab.la Alexa Rank
Oh! Alexa rank for bab.la site is 4399.
Read It: Top 5 Best Free Online Dictionaries
Linguee is an online dictionary for a number of language pairs. You can use it now for English to French translation. Or vice versa. According to sources, it has millions of translations in the French language. That is, you can access millions of its translations. Such a great dictionary can now available online or offline too. You can download its app from your play stores. It offers app both for Android and iOS devices.
Key Features of Linguee at a glance
- Just type your word in English. And press the search button. Then it provides all possible translations in French.
- Sounds of French words:
- Oh Great! You can listen to the pronunciation of French words.
- Numerous External Sources side by side:
- It provides you several sentences of external sources in both the languages side by side.
- It can translate not only words but also entire sentences in English to French.
- And more.
Cons of Linguee
- It doesn’t provide many examples, quizzes, conjugations in French.
- It doesn’t translate your documents in English to French.
Linguee Alexa Rank
Oh! Alexa Rank for the Linguee site is 1340.
4. Google Translate: Best English to French dictionary or Translator
Google Translate is a fantastic bilingual translation site. And it came from the brand of Google. So you can use it for English to French translation. And vice versa. You can get accurate translations from it. You can add it as an extension to your Google Chrome browser. It too provides an app for Android and iOS devices.
According to sources, millions of people worldwide accessing it daily. The figure in millions can become billions or even trillions. Remember that this figure is only for one day. Such a great service provided by Google. You must say thanks to Google for giving this great service.
Many people around the world, who don’t know anything about foreign languages are surviving in foreign countries. And learning step by step by using Google translate.
Key Features of Google Translate at a glance
- Exact Translations:
- Just type the word or sentence in English. And you no need to press enter or translate button. It translates your word into French. And vice versa.
- It displays all possible translations in French.
- Sounds of French Words:
- You can listen to the correct pronunciation of French words.
- Document Translation:
- Oh! It translates your entire document in English to French.
- Speech Translation:
- Just press the microphone symbol. And speak out with your voice. Then it converts your voice into text. And then translates the text into French.
- Automatic Detection:
- Just type your words. Then it detects the language of the text. And translates the text into your desired language.
- Word Frequency:
- You can view the word frequency of the translated French word. It indicates how often the translated word appears in public documents.
- And more.
Cons of Google Translate
- It doesn’t provide more examples in the French language.
- It doesn’t provide quizzes, and word games to test and build vocabulary.
- It doesn’t provide conjugate verbs in the French language.
Google Translate Alexa Rank
Oh Great! Alexa Rank for Google Translate site is 1.
Recommended: Top 5 Best Free Online Dictionaries For the Meanings
WordReference is an online translation dictionary for many language pairs. Just like English-French and more. It is ranked in the top 100 websites list in France. So that you can get accurate translations from it.
Key Features of WordReference.com at a glance
- Translations side by side:
- You can view your English word and the translated French word side by side.
- You can also view their synonyms side by side.
- Numerous Examples:
- You can view several example sentences.
- Other Dictionaries:
- On its same site, you can view more translations from other dictionaries like Collins.
- You can view conjugate verbs in the French language.
- Oh! It provides compound forms of French words too.
- And more.
Cons of WordReference.com
- It translates just word or words. But it doesn’t translate the entire sentences.
- It doesn’t provide quizzes and word games to test and build your vocabulary.
- It doesn’t translate your documents into other languages.
- It doesn’t provide pronunciations of French words.
WordReference.com Alexa Rank
Oh Great! Alexa rank for WordReference.com is 538.
Conclusion: What is the Best French English Dictionary?
Now you can pick the best French-English online dictionary based on features. Just like accurate translations, the pronunciation of French words by native speakers, example sentences, and apps. In all these categories, the winner is the Reverso. And its Alexa Rank is 315. So, you can give the first preference to it. Later, you can give the second preference to Google Translate.
If you want to translate entire sentences in English into French. And if you want to translate your documents into the French language. And if you want to learn the French language with ease and fast. Then Google Translate is the ultimate choice for you.
Don’t forget to use free Grammarly to check your English spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Read Next: Grammarly Review: The best English Grammar and Spell checker
- Free Way to Check Spelling and Grammar online Using Grammarly
French English Dictionary FAQs
Is it easy to learn French?
Yes. If you are fluent in English, then with little hard work, you can learn French.
Is Reverso context reliable?
Yes. As it provides accurate and more translations for bilingual languages. Just like English-French, English-Spanish, and more.
What is the best English to French translator?
What is the best French English Dictionary app?